Skip to main content

Star Wars Party x2


Both boys are prime ages for Star Wars so we went that theme for their birthday parties.  They are both school age now, which means "friend" party vs. "family", which is as it should be.  Alex's party was a simple one and I'll include it on here because moms out there need to know that a party doesn't have to be over the top for the kids to have fun.  It's no secret that the parties I through are mostly for me anyways because I enjoy them.  Cameron's party was a little more traditional.

Alex:

We simply told him he could invite 3 friends to see the Star Wars movie together in the theater.  This was a huge success.  My house stayed clean and he loved being able to go to the movies finally with his friends versus just us.  We did go along too, but mostly because we wanted to see the movie too.  We treated the boys each to a drink and candy or popcorn as well as covering the cost for their ticket.  I had favors too which consisted of 1 Star Wars cupcake that was individually wrapped by Krogers for me already and a zip pack coloring Star Wars pack.  These were easy to transport and kinda still made it feel like an actual party.  We didn't rent out the theater, get balloons, meet to eat before or after.  It was see a movie and go home.  Easy peasy.  Plus, the moms loved having the time to get some Christmas shopping done without the boys.




Cameron:

My baby boy turned 5 and we had a nice party with 4 friends from school.  It was a perfect size, but my family and friends also attended.  This was my earliest timed party set from 11-1 and it was perfect timing of the day. I simply ordered the kids pizza for lunch, a few snacks and some store bought decorations, and a brownie chocolate-chip cookie dough cake at his request.  No games planned for this one.  Just play and eat.  Simple and fun.

As much I love to drool over the Pinterest Parties and throw them, there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to put them together.  The most important thing is that my kids are happy, and that is all I care about.


 photo signature_zpsd392e499.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!