Skip to main content

Pink and Gold 1st Birthday Coronation Party

It's Coronation Day!

As soon as I was done with the Paw Patrol Party, I went into full swing for Cora's 1st birthday party.  It was a no brainer for me to pick the theme as a play on her name and honor her first year with a coronation. I kept getting drawn to the colors of pink and gold that are popular and thought they were a perfect fit.

Invites:
I was originally going to create something on photoshop, but I found a great deal on ivory shimmer cards and envelopes from so I decided to go that route. I picked up some great shimmer paper from Hobby Lobby that took laser ink pretty well and created the rest of the printed design on photoshop.  I'm finding it to be quiet a fun self-taught hobby of mine.  I used some glitter tape from Amazon for a finishing touch.  I kinda wish they turned out a little more polished, and a quick trip to Michael's a week earlier might have offered that to me with some of their cardmaking supplies, but alas these were the finished product and they were very cost effective considering they were all handmade and I sent out 20 of them.

Decor:
Of course I have no pictures of most of the set up because it was a crazy busy morning leading up to the party and once the party starts, I usually forget about the camera.  I must get better at remembering to take pictures before. Sigh. You'll see a few things in the shot we did get.

I might be buying into the whole "party backdrop" thing that is going around, but I really like the look of it. I picked up some pieces that I could reuse for other parties, but that added a touch of femininity to my supplies already that mostly revolved around the boys or other holidays.  I got an adorable silverware holder from Hobby Lobby and Michael's helped out with the candle sticks, and finally Homegoods had exactly what I was wanting for a cake plate.  I picked up the garland from Target and Walmart. Target also had on clearance out these pink glitter paper plates which I just had to have. 

This #1 backdrop was very simple.  I found a piece of gold posterboard for .99 cents at Michaels (bonus: it's silver on the other side) and used my classroom projector to trace out the #1.  I then filled in the #1 with a collage of pictures I had printed off from her first year.  I mostly tried to capture her first meeting each family member. After the party, I trimmed it down to fit into two 12x12 scrapbook pages.

Her highchair banner was an easy make using gold cardstock and my Cricut along with a bunting I picked up from Target.  I added sparkly ribbon in between with glue dots and voila!

Cake:
I have found my go-to baker.  She is a retired professional cake decorator and has won several competitions but is now in business for herself.  She offered me up 5 different designs and we picked this one.  I'm thrilled with how it turned out.  The flavors were chocolate with white chocolate mousse filling and vanilla with strawberry mousse filling.  Yum! 

Food:
The party was at 1pm, but I still wanted to serve food.  I did shredded BBQ pork two ways (Carolina and Kansas City style) in my double crockpot and served with slider buns.  It was so easy to do ahead of time and we had no left overs.  I did the standard veggies/dip and fruit along with a Caesar salad kit. 

Dress:
I bought her dress from Aliexpress.com (China's ebay) and was pretty impressed with the quality and shipping.  It was about $30 I think and fit what I was going for.  If you're doing pink and gold there are some other really great options out there that started popping up closer to Easter after I had already purchased her dress.  I did manage to dress in a pink and gold striped top myself to coordinate with her.  I found it at TJMaxx and well, it just fit.

Happy Birthday to my baby girl!  It was a year that went buy way too fast.  She is just the sweetest thing out there and I am so blessed.

 photo signature_zpsd392e499.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!