Skip to main content

2015 - Where did I end up?

Well it is that time again to see where I ended up with my 2015 Goals.

2015 was a pretty great year.  A clouded one, but a good one.

I had the best year of my teaching career thus far thanks to a group of spectacular students that graduated last spring.

Helping clear my mind the second half of 2014 I think really set me up for a clearer mind in 2015. I made this my ONE goal for 2015.



Where did I end up?  Let's take a look...

Mindful of what my negative mind was saying.

Then--You’re not OK 
Now-- Um, actually I am 

I was much kinder to myself this year, and frankly I don't have time to be so hard on myself these days. I didn't seek out validation for my feelings this year like 2014 seemed to consume my mind with. 

Then--You should be doing ________ instead
Now—I need more time!

This was so freeing!  In fact I think I found out more things to add to my plate because I actually enjoyed what I was doing and the choices I was making versus what I think I should be doing. 

Then--I’m worried about them
Now—I’m here for them

Withdrawing myself from drama finally seemed to clear up around spring of 2015.  I removed my judgy pants and only get them down for special occasions now.  The big picture got clearer for me of what I can and can’t control in other people’s lives.  Separating myself from negative situations and really embracing the positive relationships that make me feel good I think has helped with this.  I think I needed to work through this issue a lot and constantly reminding myself about boundaries and perspective really helped me attain it.  The result of this was so much less stress!

Mindful of what my body is saying.

Then—You’re fat and lazy
Now—Could do better, especially at eating your feelings

This, as always is still a work in progress.  I still found my eating habits mirroring my emotions.  Sigh. I played around with a couple of things to try to get my body better this year but things were still not clicking.  However, my OCD tendencies over my body have simmered down.  It is a lot of energy wasted and that then gets me upset, and well, when I am upset I eat.  Vicious cycle.

I did take up the hobby of Tennis and I am loving every minute of that and will be continuing it.
I made some headway on sleeping better, but backtracked a little this past month.  I need to still stay on top of that.

We shall see where this ongoing saga goes this year. 

Mindful of when my heart is full

Then -- I feel great!
Now – I feel great!

Depression isn’t the way I’m ending this year and kept it at bay much more than 2014. 
2015 got pretty frickin’ crazy in the real world with events and this and that happening.  I am trying to keep my head up and going forward, even if I am choosing to put on blinders here and there.  “I can’t hear you….” This will continue into 2016, but to what degree I am not sure yet.

I don’t know if I can keep the 1 word resolution going for 2016. No word is sticking out to me yet and I have a million little things I want to accomplish so I might revert back to a list.  I’ve got two more weeks to chew it over and get back to you all.

So there you have it.  I’d call my performance a win for 2015.  Hope you’ll stick around for 2016 to see where I go.
 photo signature_zpsd392e499.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!