Skip to main content

Paw Patrol Party


Turning 4 means 4 parties right?

My middle love has gotten the shaft the past 2 years on his birthday since it's over MLK weekend and we usually are out of town visiting distant family. Well, this year I decided little man needed his own themed party at the house, especially since his birthday is squeezed between his older brother and younger sister's.  I am after all trying to avoid "Middle Child Syndrome" at all costs.

Now, I love to joke about my birthday being a Jubilee and letting the celebration last all week.  Cameron got the same royal treatment this year stretching his out for 3 weeks.  It wasn't all full of fun though due to a nasty stomach flu that plagued all 3 of my kids at once. Ah, so this is what they mean when they tell you you're outnumbered once you have 3. 

Celebration #1 was with our extended family and was low key with one very special highlight...a visit from a local police officer arranged by Uncle B.  Cameron was so cute and immediately went into a silent shock, which for him is unheard of.  His favorite was getting to play with real "handcuffses" as he calls them.  Let's hope this is his only party where the cops show up ;)

And I have to thank my father who bought Cameron and cake and left us with a very memorable story to tell him when he's older about how he had a pink birthday cake for his 4th birthday.  It is so my classic father to not pay attention to the details.  I just loved it.

Celebration #2 was on his actual birthday in the middle of the week and we went to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner (his choice). Well, this was a short lived trip since the stomach bug reared it's ugly head before we even got our pizza.  I'll spare you the details but we had 2 of the 3 kids get sick there and then Cameron right when we got home.  Yes, we were that family at Chuck E. Cheese.  Somehow the kids were all asleep and in bed by 8 but we felt like we'd been run over by a truck in a matter of 3 hours.  Hence, there are no pictures from this day.

Celebration #3 was his original party day and I was all set to go.  The kids had been healthy for 48 hours so we decided to forge ahead.  Well, poor Cameron because about 1 hour before party time, my oldest and youngest got sick again.  It was heartbreaking to have everything set up and tell Cameron we had to cancel his party, especially because he was the only one not sick.  I had to be a good neighborhood mommy and not expose the other kids to icky germs though.  We still ate his cake (#2) and he got to open his presents from his grandpa and us.

So now we are at Celebration #4. Here's where you'll want to start paying attention if you're looking for Paw Patrol Planning tips, thanks for making it this long.

Anyways, his Paw Patrol finally happened and here are the details:

Invites:
I used Photoshop to customize his invitation, and gasp, this was the first e-vite I have ever done.  I printed out one for his scrapbook, but since all the guests were friends of ours on Facebook, creating an event on there was way easier - not to mention it helped spread the word when we had to reschedule.

Decor:
Between Nick Jr. and Mom's Tot School blog, I got all the ideas I needed for his party.  A huge thank you to those two. I reused some of the items left over from the Lego party such as table runners, plates, etc. Nick Jr. is amazing and provides so many printouts making planning super easy.  Some last minute favors included valentines day sticker kits I found at Wal-mart and these goofy straws that make you look like you have a dog's face.



Food:  I arranged some of the food in large food bowls (new and clean of course) that included puppy chow, chex mix (kibbles and bits) , and pirate booty. I had macaroni and cheese and little corn dogs too. 


Cake #3 (cake #2 not pictured)
Activities:
I picked up some headbands at the Dollar store and taped on the ears I printed from Nick jr.  The goody bags were filled with paw patrol stickers and Scooby snacks. We also did adopt/color a dog.  I ordered the dogs (a dozen) from oriental trading company and printed out the adoption certificates from Chickabug, but there are lots of templates out there.  The kids just colored them with sharpies which cleaned up nicely with baby wipes.  The poster in the background was also from Nick. Jr.

So there you have it.  My little man definitely got a drawn out birthday this year but it was all fun and rather low key.  If you are planning a paw patrol party now, you are in great luck as there are things everywhere for it, including the $1 spot at Target.  If only we'd had the party 6 months later.

 photo signature_zpsd392e499.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!