Skip to main content

Pro-Tip: Breastmilk Freezer Storage

I have already shared with you about my new Deep Freezer and how I mainly got it to help with breastmilk storage. But how am I going to organize all of this milk?  I had no organization system going on until I saw this on Pinterest.  Run and do this now if you're going to be in the position of freezing breastmilk.  It has saved me so much time in the mornings just grabbing the bags I need for the day.

All you do is get a small sized gift bag, preferably just about the dimensions of your milk storage bags.  I used some old ones I had on hand.  Simply cut the bottom of one end out and then stack your milk bags with the oldest date on the bottom going on up to the newest date on top.  When it is time to take your milk out, just pull the one through the slit.

I also labeled my bags to know which ones to start with.

I believe another handy substitute to this method would be any cardboard box lying around too, maybe an old cracker box.  I like the bags due to the handles, but I plan to be thrifty and just use whatever is on hand.  Save your money too and don't buy the expensive ones unless you've got money to burn!

This little guy might be worth purchasing for my main freezer. According to one of the reviews stores 15-20 Lansinoh bags.  Might be nice not to have to run down in the basement every morning to get milk for the sitter, but just have a week's worth ready to go.
Sterilite Ice Cube Bin


 photo signature_zpsd392e499.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!