Skip to main content

Party of Five!


Time for me to share my news with you all that we are indeed expecting a new bundle of joy to our family this spring!  I'm pregnant....I think.  No, I mean I really am but this third time must be a charm because I've had nearly zero symptoms which is awesome.  I had pretty good, typical pregnancies with the boys except the morning sickness increased with Cameron and was no fun.  Guess it was a good thing we bought the new mom-mobile this past spring.  I also couldn't have planned it more perfectly for a teacher, I'll be delivering in March with my FMLA leave taking me until the end of the year, that means nearly six solid months of baby cuddles!  Yes, I wrote this post last September, but I already had my mind made up I think.

How are the boys handling it?
They boys have responded well to the idea.  My oldest is being super sweet and such the charmer as the older sibling planning for things in the future.  For the record, he wants another brother, but believes this one's a girl. We'll see how intuitive he is.  Cameron is still just going with the flow and shows no realization of about how his world will be rocked in a few months.

Are you going to find out the sex?
This is my own million dollar question since I was team green last time, but the answer is yes.  Mostly because I've already endured 13 weeks of "this one's going to be your girl" comments along with some "we'll love it even if it is a boy" --um, no shit you will. I just can't bare hearing them for another 27 weeks.  Perhaps we'll do some sort of trendy reveal though, I mean any reason to get cake right? I really could not care either way, but it will be nice to know and get the final bedroom/nursery all prepared since you know having babies is all about the decorating ;)

Other than that, I think I'm mostly just am just grasping to hang on to this feeling since it's my last (that's a whole other post).  It's so weird how much I love my babies, but man, nothing ever really compares to the first.  I get all emotional thinking about those "firsts" experiences.  At the same time I'm sorta glad this one isn't nearly as emotionally taxing on me.  Whew, those were some anxiety ridden times back in the day, now I feel I can really enjoy it more.

Keep reading to see what version 3.0 brings us!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!