Skip to main content

Baby Boom 2013 - Trendy Baby Names

Ok, so it is only February and my babies-to-be list is huge! People were busy towards the end of 2012 and I have a feeling a few more might be conceived in 2013.

There are still a few weeks left to conceive a 2013 baby and if you're in that category here are some of the trendy names that might make their way onto your list of "maybe baby".

  1. Clover (so you think you're clever huh?)
  2. Calla (the modern day Rose from our Grandmother's era?)
  3. Gray (after all I'm sure Mr. 50 Shades should have some of the credit for these babies)
  4. Zephyr (can't wait to get this one on my class roster)
  5. Lux (perhaps more trendy as a middle name)
  6. Florence (I already know a new baby sporting this name IRL)
  7. Lazarus (this reminds me of the department store my grandfather headed up years ago)
  8. Waverly (a hip Beverly? Also reminds me of Joy Luck Club)
  9. Marguerite (perfect with the word sweet before it)
  10. Indigo (because there's probably a patent on Blue Ivy)
  11. Bellamy (all I can think of is Bill Bellamy MTV Beach House circa 1996, I'm old)
  12. Coralie (because everyone is out to ruin my girl name "Cora' before I can get it)
  13. Nero (another Ancient Rome/Greek trend)
  14. Stellan (more manly than Skylar I guess)
  15. Cyra (this one is destined for multiple spellings to confuse people)
  16. Breccan (repeat my thoughts on 15)
  17. Tiberus (repeat thoughts for 13)
  18. Snow (this sounds like what happens when you let the toddler sibling pick the name out)
  19. Balthazar (um, don't do this to your boy, no matter how wise he may grow up to be)
  20. Cato (like OJs friend? Again, I date my self)
Source: Unusual names trending on the rise

WDYT of the list above?

Here is my previous post on Baby Names for my own little ones.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!


Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".