Skip to main content

Hello 2013


So here is what is on my list for 2013 goals:
  1. obtain my wedding weight by March 31st and more from there on
  2. participate in at least one 5k walk/run
  3. take a vacation with just the hubby- this will probably be short & sweet, but it's needed.
  4. read 3 "fun" books
  5. Get my 2 closets full of clothes down to one, and make my clothes fabulous and functional!
  6. Hang up pictures in my house.  It is sad that this is even a goal.
  7. Design my living & Dining Room to not be so piecey
  8. Continue to meal plan
  9. start Disney planning and saving
  10. Visit my BFF.  Too long.
  11. get the boys swimming lessons
  12. sign Alex up for Kindergarten (tear)
  13. 1 if not 2 girls weekends at least
  14. Build my at-home businesses.  They got started in 2012, and I can't wait for them to grow more this year.  NA Power and Scrappy Pants
  15. Discover career possibilities.  I've been pretty unhappy this past fall with my job and I think it is 1) the general attitude towards education in my state and 2) the fact I feel like I'm stuck there.  I still enjoy it, but it's like when someone tells you that you HAVE to do something you feel like rebelling.  KWIM?
  16. Adopt a family next Christmas, I really want to do this...and stop spoiling mine with "things"
Nothing too unattainable above, but we'll see how I come out this time next year.

What are your resolutions and / or goals for 2012?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!


Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".