Skip to main content

Christmas Lists for Boys

Seeing that Halloween is over and I can now officially start Christmas shopping. We were greeted this Sunday morning with the newspaper full of this year's toy catalogs so I gave the boys markers and they got busy.

I wrote a few weeks back this post about "hot" toys for the season, and while I seemed unimpressed with what is being offered, it appears my boys found plenty of things. They each have winter birthdays too so I do double the shopping and love scooping up the deals and steals when I can.

Here is what my oldest son came up with:
1.Playmobil Pet Clinic-- I love these products and the take along feature is a plus
2.Doctor Dreadful - Alien Autopsy-- this is disgusting, but he really wants it, you can eat the aliens "innards" too, gross.
3.Fisher-Price Imaginext DC Super Friends Batcave (Frustration-Free Packaging)-- I got him a similar one to this last year on Black Friday for a steal, but it isn't the Batman one.  I'll see if they have another deal this year on it at TRU.
4.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Leonardo-- the classic makes a return.
5.LEGO Star Wars X-Wing Starfighter 9493-- I'm weary of getting this only because he never really puts them together, but he does play with them.
6.Easy Bake Ultimate Oven-- love this, but not sure how they work now a days


As for my younger boy this is his list:
1.LeapFrog Count And Scan Shopper-- this will match a Little Tikes cash register I've already scooped up for him
2.Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set-- he loves loves loves Basketball so this will be a definite winner
3.Playhut Thomas the Tank Train Engine Play Tent-- we've gone through 2 play tents already, but this one seems sturdy and he loves Thomas, win-win.
4.B. Critter Clinic (Colors May Vary)-- He loves stuffed animals and this looks like such a cute vet set.
5.Playmobil My Take Along Farm - Limited Edition-- he played with this for hours at a friend's house, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost as much Amazon is claiming though

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!


Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".