Skip to main content

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Was it really 7 yrs ago today that I said I do?  Some days it feels like 7, some it feels like 14.  That isn't to say we don't feel fresh and still in love, just that so much seems to have happened on 7 years that when I look back on our wedding pictures we look like a couple of kids.

It was a no brainer for us to pick fall as the time to say our "I Do's".  I just love the weather and the color palette couldn't have been more fun to chose from.   Plus I turn into an evil person in the hot sun so summer was out.

We got married in an old boys school that had been renovated as a banquet hall.  The venue even had a chapel on site.  There was a gorgeous grotto outside too that I really wanted to get married in, but didn't want to take the chance of the weather being bad.  We did a sit down dinner and reception immediately following the ceremony.

I laugh now because when we were interviewing photographers I didn't want digital because I didn't know if it would be as good of quality as traditional film.  Anyways, our photographer was just starting to use digital film, I think we were her second wedding.  She did all of these "effects" to our pictures and got a little photoshop happy with them.  Kinda dated now that I look back on them, but oh well.






This makes me laugh.  I am not a chocolate fan, but my father and rest of the family definitely are.  When he heard about the chocolate fountain he offered to pay for it for us, so I said sure.   It was a hit and all people talked about.  From being on the Knot planning my wedding so much, I thought they were old hat, but apparently my guests didn't get out to much because it was new to them.  I remember the entire reception hall smelled like chocolate. Sorry for the creepy editing, but thanks for understanding my guests privacy as they pig out.

What was your wedding like?  I love to hear about all of the different customs, traditions, and details that others do for their weddings.  I'm cohosting this week with Growing Up Geeky so link up your wedding pictures and posts, no matter how many wedded years of bliss you have under your belts!





This week's Toddle Along Tuesday topic is weddings! Share your photos and tell us about your special day! There are no rules here, except that you link up a relevant post (old or new) rather than your whole blog.





Comments

  1. We had the same feelings about digital - and my husband is a photo (and photoshop) geek, so he was really picky. We did end up with digital though (new photographer also) and it was definitely a lot cheaper than film would have been! And they turned out ok in the end anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fall wedding!

    I'm pretty sure I'd be hanging out by the chocolate fountain all night if I had been invited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool location! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like how she add sparkle to the photos not so much fan of the framing blur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fall colors :) and creepy editing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!