Skip to main content

Vacation Recap - Part II

When we left off from Part I, we had managed to escape the bed bugs and leave them in Myrtle Beach where they appeared to be happy.  We arrived home late Sunday night and I checked our phone messages on the machine.  I had 3 of them from the resort where the bed bugs were asking me to call them regarding my credit card.  Hmm, odd, I remember being refunded all of money from them.  I get online and check my credit card statement and find that I have been charged for around $265 from them.  WTF.  Um, what part of refund did they not get?  I don't sweat it at this point and figure it is a glitch.

I call Monday and leave them a message.
I call Tuesday and leave them a message.
I call Wednesday and leave them a message.

No humans to speak with I guess.

I call Thursday and finally get the manager of the hotel.  She immediately threw her southern charm out the window when she heard it was me on the phone and told me that the charges on my credit card stand because I misunderstood her and there is no way she would've agreed to give me a full refund.

Insert medium-hot temper here.  Mostly just in defense of her aggressive and nasty tone towards me on the phone.

She continues to go on and on about how I don't know what I am talking about and how I have the events of what happened the previous week all mixed up.  Hardly lady, I specifically remember having bed bugs in my son's bed and in our bed and you taking care of the situation.

She didn't even care that I was holding in my hands my statement that said our stay had been fully refunded.  I then pointed out to her that she fraudulently charged my credit card without my knowledge or permission after I had checked out.

She then hung up on me. Someone hold my earrings, because it is about to go down.


Insert boiling hot temper here.

I did what any normal rational person in this day and age would do.  I turned to social media.  Within hours my accomplices and I had tweeted about them, Facebooked about them, and reported the situation to every Myrtle Beach tourist site.  And it worked, sort of.

You see I finally got through to the general manager of the hotel group, only he didn't get through to me, he got through to a friend of mine via email.  Yes, that is right, after 4 days of calling and leaving messages, this man wrote a fully detailed account of what he believed happened during my stay and with the charges.  (HIPPA violation anyone?)

Insert scalding hot temper here.

I suppose he did me a favor.  I saw the email thanks to my friend and quickly noted the numerous errors within it.  Too bad, so sad this man's employees were lying to him.  For example, they said we didn't check out until 2:30pm (it was really before 11am), they said they informed me of the charges upon checking out and I threw a fit in the lobby (oh really because my husband checked us out, guess they forgot to mention I had gotten a sex change.)  It took me arguing with him for 1 hour and 30 minutes before he finally said he'd get with his IT guys to check the tapes to see if I was lying.  WTF ever happened to the customer is always right?  Less than 12 hours later, I had my money back.  He had confirmed the lies and I strongly urged him to get some professionalism training for his staff if he wasn't going to fire them.

The Price is Wrong, Bitch.

Our lovely family vacation that we saved up for, the only large one we take all year, was ruined.  I hope it makes a funny story in 20 years, but as it ended, I was two weeks invested into bed bugs and credit card fraud.  Good Riddance.

Here's to next years trip--- Disney or bust.

Do you have a horror story from vacation or a vacation gone bad?  I'd love to hear about it.

Also check out Growing Up Geeky for her Toddle Along Tuesday link up about vacations.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!