Skip to main content

Maggie from Milwaukee

Hey guys and gals! Many thanks to Amber for giving me this chance to tell you a little about myself. I'll explain who I am in a few pictures below, but the most important part is that Amber was my college roommate, my lifeline to all that was grand in those great South Carolina days! We've had ups. We've had downs. We've had laughs. We've had tears. In short, she's one of the most important women in my life!

Ah, you already know what a cool chick Amber is...let me tell you a little about myself. Here's a "day in the life" of Maggie as photographed last Saturday.

Products by Mark the Occasion Designs
I started my own small business, Mark the Occasion Designs late last year. My focus is currently making alternative wedding bouquets using fabrics, jewelry, feathers and other notions. While I wait for my bridal client calendar to fill up, I'm doing more casual items for local Saturday markets (and shortly on Etsy...stay tuned!)

This lovely lady purchased this cobalt blue flower headband from me. I absolutely love how it looks in short hair. I think I may have discovered a new market - brides with hair too short for clips! In the meantime, I love giving ladies like this a new look for summer.

Hot!

I know southeastern Wisconsin was no different than anywhere else in the country, but blast, was it hot. I took this picture at 9am! We're just not used to this up here.

I absolutely appreciate that naps will be a thing of my past once we have kids, so I'm enjoying it as much as I can now. I had to get up way too early that morning to get to the market, so I spent the afternoon reading and napping. I may or may not have slept for two hours. Oops!


It's Summerfest time in Milwaukee! For most people that means all of their favorite bands in one place. For me, it means it's time for my annual fried eggplant platter. (Maggie lesson - I love all things food! And horrendously large sunglasses... I seriously need to give these things up.)


This is my husband, Randy. (Isn't he handsome?!) We were hanging out waiting for a new (to me) band, I Am Not a Pilot, to start playing. These guys are local, but remember me telling you about them. They are great and will go national soon I bet. How many bands do you know that can rock out with an electric cello?

The only thing missing from these pictures is my dog, Noah, and some chocolate products. Noah is a Welsh Corgi who gets ferocious when the mailman comes and has developed an addiction to doggie cheese sprinkle. Chocolate products. Well, those need no description!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!


Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".