Since DH loves all things Buffalo flavored, I thought I'd put a spin on it this week.
I put this on the menu this week and thinking it would pair nicely with salad. My oldest boy loves spicy things too so he enjoyed it too. My little guy is Mr. Picky so I'll just let him nibble on something else.
The 2nd picture gives and idea how to roll, but BEWARE! I originally didn't spread the mixture out as a pizza and there wasn't enough dough make it spiral properly. In the last picture you can see what the difference is if you spread the mixture in the center versus all over the dough.
Before the Oven
- 1-2 Chicken Breasts, cooked and chopped *time saver-you can even cheat and used canned, I'd say a big can, 10 oz., and rinse it in water to get the extra sodium off
- 1/4 cup or less of Hot Sauce (Frank's Buffalo is what I used)
- Frozen Pizza Crust (I tried the new Pillsbury Artisan one for this, delish!)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2-3 tbsp Cream Cheese
- Blue Cheese Dressing (or Ranch)
- Cheddar Cheese (or any cheese mixture)
- Muffin Pan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small pan, mix the chicken, cream cheese, butter, and hot sauce (add as much as you like) until warmed through and butter and cream cheese have melted.
- Spray your muffin pan to grease it
- Roll out dough into a large rectangle onto a sprayed baking sheet
- Place cheese on the dough followed by the chicken mixture onto the dough as you would if you were making a pizza
- Roll up dough with mixture inside so it looks like a giant log (the longer side)
- Slice evenly into rolls that resemble cinnamon rolls and place into muffin pan
- Sprinkle more cheese on top (optional)
- Bake for 11-15 minutes until golden brown