Skip to main content

Co-Sleeping -- Denied

 
I've never co-slept with either of my boys.  And it wasn't by choice.  This post isn't meant to fuel any mommy wars going on out there, but simply for me to complain and whine that I don't have cuddly babies that ever wanted to co-sleep with me. 

I planned on at least having Alex stay his first night home in our room in his pack and play, but DH was against it.  WHAT?!  But we are one layer of drywall, insulation, and another layer of drywall away from him!  That was entirely too far for this momma bear, but my the sleep-deprived-self caved and gave into daddy bear that night.  Alex took to his crib quiet easily and I was left with no baby to cuddle.  That first night out I'm pretty sure any possibility of bed sharing or co-sleeping went out the window.  Alex was an independent guy.

With Cameron I was going to switch it up.  I was going to try again at least during nap time.  Nope.  Denied again.  He wanted his crib and was perfectly content in it.  He did however fall asleep in my arms.  A lot.  And I let him.  A lot.  Practically all 12 weeks of my maternity leave if he wanted to nap in my arms I let him.  I didn't care that the house was cluttered, dishes not done, laundry calling my name.  I knew that those 12 weeks were going to fly by and all of my cuddling with it.  I soaked up every minute with him along with trashy reality tv.

I know there might be moms out there reading this going.  STFU "oooh, waaaahhh my baby sleeps soundly though the night in its crib".  I know that and I am 142% thankful that is the case considering anyone who knows me, knows that I possibly might love sleep more than my children.  Like I said, I just wanted to complain that I didn't get some extra cuddles and it is my blog so I get to write that. 

Now onto what spurred this post from this past weekend....

When we go out of town to visit family, we get to co-sleep with Cameron in the same room.  "Yay", right?  Wrong. Since I already explained how my children are independent sleepers, you can only imagine the migraine inducing crying that occurs when we try to put Cameron in his pack and play when we visit my grandma's 2 bedroom house.  We have found a solution to the problem somewhat.  Cameron gets put in her closet (in his pack and play, not just on a pile of clothes) and we turn on the bathroom fan.  This seems to have some effect on calming him down a little.  Poor little guy has to suffer smelling 92 year old shoes and looking at hideously outdated bright colored polyester fashions, but tough.

Then we have Alex.  We have a king size bed and he likes to sleep in bed with us.  We should banish him to the floor, but we don't.  Instead we get to see who survives the Gauntlet and wakes up uninjured.  I can usually count on a good smack in the face and kick to the stomach.  DH of course gets smacked around too.  Well this past weekend I was lucky enough to wake up around 5:30am and find Alex's face covered in blood, along with his pillow, and my pillow.  Tell me that wouldn't freak you the f%*k out. He was still sound asleep, but poor bubby had a bloody nose apparently in the middle of the night.  I'm pretty sure it was just the dry weather up there, and not me hitting him in my sleep.  At least that is what I'm telling myself.  And then of course I try to clean up his face while not waking up Cameron in the closet.

So sorry I don't have pictures to share of this hilarity, I do hope you'll forgive me.  About the only thing I can relate it too is this diagram that has been shared on the interwebs.



Do you have any co-sleeping or bed-sharing stories?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!


Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".