This is my version of Johnny Marzetti, which is similar to a Chili Mac without the heat. It is a hit in my household. I'll have to update this with pictures some time but they eat it all up too fast!
Johnny Marzetti with Noodles
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey for a heart healthy option)
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 16 ounces tomatoes, diced or crushed, undrained
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- .125 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 8 oz noodles (egg, elbows, small shells, or our favorite...wheels will do)
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil water for the egg noodles and cook as you prepare the rest of this dish.
- Brown the ground beef and onion adding salt/pepper to taste. Drain the fat off.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce
- Add in the tomatoes, green peppers.
- Simmer a few minutes (add water if needed to desired consistency)
- Drain cooked noodles and place them in large serving bowl or pot an top with beef mixture
- Top with cheddar cheese.