I can't believe I haven't shared this recipe on my blog yet. I came across it awhile ago (on Pinterest I believe) and now it was just featured on Onceamonthomom.com. It is a tasty easy to please meal that freezes well too. Enjoy! -- I've made my substitutions and suggestions in italics
**I'll be posting a second version soon made with Instant Rice versus stuffing too.**
- 2 (6 oz) packages seasoned stuffing mix
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup (she makes her own, I just buy low sodium at the store)
- 1 cup milk
- 8 cups chicken, cooked and cubed (for a smaller batch, use a rotisserie or left over chicken)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lb deli ham, sliced and cut into 1″ strips (I just buy the cubed up stuff already to go by the deli meat/bacon in the store)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (this might be optional, I just used the swiss and that was fine, but again I was making a smaller batch)
Directions:Prepare stuffing mixes according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk, set aside. Divide chicken between 2 greased 9×13 foil baking pans. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Layer with ham, swiss cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, soup mixture and stuffing. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Cover and bake 350F for 45 minutes. uncover, bake 10-15 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Freezing Directions:Follow instructions above. Cover and freezer up to 3 months. Thaw. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake 350F for 45 minutes. Uncover, baking 10-15 min more or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Servings: 12 (2 9×13 casseroles)
source: Lisa @ Onceamonthmom.com