Skip to main content

Our Love Story

I just saw this on some other blogs I follow and thought I'd post mine real quick before Valentine's Day is over, especially since I was proposed to on a Valentine's Day many years ago.
1. How long have you and your significant other been together? 
we've been friends for 14, together for 12, and married for 6.5
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}  
We had co-ed dorms in college and he was the boy dorm room next to mine.  I'm one who likes to make friends right away so I didn't hesitate to introduce myself to him and his roommates.  A friendship bloomed from there with the under currents of "could this be more".  Cupid didn't officially strike us until 2 yrs later when I had and we had 12 hours between us because I had transferred schools.  Once we gave into cupid, it was all over :)
3. If married, how long have you been married? 6.5 years
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  It was a decent sized wedding, about 120 up in my hometown near NW Ohio.  It was a beautiful location in the fall and we had perfect weather for our day.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? No nicknames, but we usually speak in our own language of silly things that mean other things.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. Humor, Loyalty, Balance
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal? It was 8 years ago today :) He was a good sport and took me skiing for a weekend away.  I was just so thrilled to get away I didn't even give a second thought to getting engaged (I had stopped bugging him for a ring by this point).  Anyways, we had just a great time together and I kind of threw off some of the chances he wanted to ask me like on the lift, or at dinner, finally we were back in the hotel room and he said we should take a picture of us toasting with champagne and he pulled the ring out right when the camera went off :)  Perfect for a scrapbooker!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petalsUsually flowers and a sweet treat.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?  We'd ideally love to be dining on the beach every night but a movie at home with just the two of us is great and makes us appreciate the beach dates more.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? Just grow old together.  Cheesy, but true.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
Low key this year, but I cooked a nice dinner for him and Alex and I made him a Valentine and a heart-shaped cookie cake.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? I hinted pretty strongly that a pastry from my favorite bakery would have been nice, but not this year.  Maybe he's supporting my Slimming Down Sundays? :) I did get a nice card and flowers though.
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Communicate honestly with each other.  You have to do both.  You can't just be honest with yourself and but never communicate it that person and you can't just communicate to that person but do it through lies.  It won't work. This might sound confusing, but I think a lot of couples do this with each other.  They go about thinking things they don't say or saying things they don't mean.
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.  Ah, many years ago.  In the top one I didn't even really notice the ring yet.
About a year ago :)







Comments

  1. Hi there, landed on your blog from the "our love story" link-up, which was a while I know! Although I didn't participate I still loved reading everyone's love story ;)

    Cute photos, and I love your advice!

    Come check out my blog and follow me if you like it too, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween!

I realized I never updated my Halloween Pictures.


My little guys were just adorable this Halloween and boy did they haul in the treats.

Alex dressed up as Spider Man for trick-or-treating at preschool and had a great time going around the classrooms getting goodies.

For actual trick-or-treating, Alex went as a fireman and Cameron went as his faithful companion, a dalmatian.  I have to pat myself on the back for decorating the wagon up as a fire truck. 

I liked getting into the spirit of the season.  It is such a let down when the trick-or-treaters that do come around have no costumes or manners :(

Good thing I got this up before the next holiday!


Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

I love spicy Buffalo Chicken and this tasty recipe was a snap to make.














I found this on Pinterest originating from here but below is my own variation and recommendations.

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used fresh)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (regular or buffalo)
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2-3 tbsp. butter

Preparation
Place Chicken in Slow Cooker
Pour approx. 1/2 bottle of sauce on top
1/4 to 1/2 of the dressing mix.  (I used 1/2 and found it to be too salty)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Shred up the chicken, add more sauce or a little water if necessary, but the chicken will shred up perfectly.
Put butter on top for about 15 more minutes, stir and then serve

**I think adding a little cream cheese to this recipe also might be a nice addition, but I'd melt that in the slow cooker prior to adding the chicken**

This is so yummy and very versatile to serve with anything.  I especially love it mixed in a cool salad with a little ranch dressing.  With the Super Bowl coming up too this would be a…

Pirate Party Game - Ring Toss

Why didn't I think of this?!  I came across this from Hostess with the Mostess site, my go-to party planning inspiration blog.  What an awesome game and pretty inexpensive if you were a savvy shopper and picked up the pirate hooks for $1 at Target along with some swim diving rings also in the $1 spot.

original source: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/08/preppy-modern-neverland-pirates-party/

This would've been perfect for Alex's 4th Birthday Pirate Party where we played "Pin the Hook on Captain Hook".